Transfer between existing servers
- From the https://portal.usatlas.org/ portal.web site, click the Transfer -> Start Transfer menu.
- On one side, enter "connect#faxbox" into the endpoint field, and press "Return" or the "Go" button.
- On the other side, enter the other endpoint from which you want to transfer data.
- Browse the files and folders on the two endpoints to configure you transfer.
- Optionally modify the advanced options below the two file browser panes.
- Click on one of the arrows at the top to submit the transfer request:
- Go to the View Transfer window to see your transfer progress. Click on the progress bar to drill in on transfer details.
Transferring between your laptop and FAXbox
To add your own laptop as an endpoint, so that you can transfer data to/from FAXbox, you need to install Globus Connect. Do this by clicking on the "Get Globus Connect" in the upper right corner of the Start Transfer page. More detailed instructions for installing Globus Connect can be found here: https://www.globus.org/globus-connect-personal.
To add your own server as an endpoint, so that any user on that server can transfer data to/from stash, you need to install Globus Connect Server. Detailed instructions can be found at https://www.globus.org/globus-connect-server.
Using the Globus Online Command Line Interface
Using the Globus CLI from login.osgconnect.net
There are a few other quick start guides at https://www.globus.org/quickstart/.
Adapted from S. Tuecke, OSG ConnectBook.